DIY Mason Jar Gifts always make for special gifts for loved ones. This homemade peppermint bark in a mason jar is perfect for coworkers, teachers, friends, and family.
This post contains affiliate links and we will earn commission if you buy the products through those links. For more information, please read our disclosures here
Gifts in a jar always make for special gifts. They add a personalized touch to the gift and are custom-made for the person they are being gifted to.
It may seem tedious but taking time out to make such special gifts mean a lot to your loved ones.
You cannot go wrong with this homemade peppermint bark in a mason jar!
Wondering how to make cute and adorable mason jar gifts filled with homemade peppermint bark?
This homemade peppermint bark is easy to make. You can use this free printable to adorn your mason jar gift.
FREE Holiday Themed Printables are available to download instantly to give these handmade gifts an extra special and festive look during the Christmas season.
These DIY mason jar gifts with peppermint bark are perfect for friends, co-workers, teachers, and your classmates.
If you forgot to get someone a gift this Christmas, these make some really pretty last-minute gift ideas!
You will love making these gifts in a jar – after you learn that the peppermint bark is made from just 2 ingredients.
Yes, TWO! It takes only 10 minutes or so to put this festive gift together.
How to make Peppermint Bark at home?
As you read above, you only need two ingredients to make this peppermint bark at home.
- 1 package White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Candy Canes (crushed)
- If the candy canes are not crushed already, place them in a plastic bag and crush them by rolling the rolling pin over the plastic bag.
- Place white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 45 seconds.
- Stir and microwave again for 20 seconds. Repeat this until the chocolate chips are fully melted.
- Take half of the crushed candy cane and stir in the melted chocolate thoroughly.
- Spread on the nonstick aluminum foiled baking sheet. You can also spray non-stick cooking spray on the foil.
- Once the mixture has been spread on the foil, sprinkle the rest of the crushed candy cane.
- Refrigerate for about 55 – 60 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from the refrigerator. Take out from the foil. Break into desired size pieces and serve.
How to make DIY Mason Jar Gifts at home?
Here’s the list of supplies needed to make this mason jar gift with peppermint bark.
- 1 Empty Mason Jar
- Single Hole Puncher
- Peppermint Bark
- Free Printables
Steps to Follow
STEP #1. Print the printables and cut them out with scissors or a crafting knife.
STEP #2. Use a puncher to make a hole and thread bakers twine through it.
STEP #3. Take your mason jar and tie the string around the mason jar neck.
STEP #4. Paste your second printable (Happy Holidays) on the mason jar lid.
STEP #5. Place the peppermint bark in the mason jar, and close the lid.
STEP #6. Your DIY holiday mason jar gift with peppermint bark is ready!
Are you making any DIY gifts for your loved ones this holiday season? Please share in the comments below!